Department of Computer Engineering
Santa Clara University
I specialize in Machine Learning, spanning from foundations to emerging applications in computational creativity. You're welcome to read more about my research and publications. I got my PhD in Computer Science from the University Waterloo, was a Postdoctoral Fellow at Caltech and UC San Diego, and I'm currently an Assistant Professor at the Department of Computer Engineering at Santa Clara University.
My work on computational creativity benefits from extensive artistic training. In particular, I've received six years of vocal training, focusing on opera.
I've also written a Holocaust memoir, Running from Giants: The Holocaust Through the Eyes of a Child, which tells my grandfather's story as a child during the Holocaust.
Twitter. Google scholar. YouTube channel.
CGTN TV: Artificial Intelligence Program Composes Music
Palo Alto Weekly: Algorithm and rhyme: Artificial intelligence takes on songwriting
NBC News: How Humans Are Creating Artistic Partnerships with AI
New Scientist: Machine learning lets computer create melodies to fit any lyrics
ABC 27 WTXL: FSU Mobile Lab Shines a Spotlight on Dance.
RECENT AND UPCOMING APPEARANCES
- Musical Metacreation (MuMe) Concert. Composed by Machine: Songs by ALYSIA, ROBOCCINI, and MABLE. 91 Broad St SW, Atlanta, GA. 06/19/2017.
- LASER Talk in San Jose. Composed by an Artificial Intelligence: Soprano and Violist Perform Machine-Made Songs. The Forager, 420 South 1st St. San Jose, CA.
Open to the public. 06/03/2017.
- Stanford University. Algorithmic Songwriting. CCRMA Classroom, Knoll 217. Open to the public. 04/13/2017.
- Google. Algorithmic Songwriting. 05/04/2017.
- Ericsson. Algorithmic Songwriting. 05/17/2017.
- LASER series. Stanford University. 10/5/2017.
- PASEO festival. World Premiere of ALYSIA's Compositions. Hammer Theater. Open to the public. 04/8/2017.
- IBM. Formal Foundations of Clustering. 03/16/2017.